San Bernardino Mts. seen from Santa Rosa Plateau

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Farming art


Today was my third time selling my art (ceramics and oil paintings) at the local farmer's market. And I have learned a few lessons (and many more to come) about the art of selling art. For me, the biggest one is to not judge what I make- I can only create what I create and if the work attracts someone then that is beautiful. But if no one wants what I have made, there is nothing I can do to change that. Its all about me letting go and trusting that what I need will come to me. I also have to keep reminding myself that this has been my dream for almost 4 years and now here it is- yes, dreams do come true, but sometimes that can be scary. Do you see how I struggle with commitment? And it turns out that some people have wanted to share their money with me and take home one of my creations. Its exciting to have art back in my life after a long drought. Turns out my life has always been here just waiting for me to do something with.

No comments:

Post a Comment